SEPTEMBER 2017 NEWSLETTER
September Themes: Children’s Orientation Week
Welcome to Preschool
Memory Verse: Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me.”
Dates to Remember: September 11th – One Hour Class (9:30 – 10:30 am)
September 11th – I’m for Kids Screening Day
September 13th – One Hour Class (9:30 – 10:30 am)
Welcome back to all our returning families and welcome to our new families. Mrs. Hart, Mrs. Krahn and myself, Kathy Simpson, are looking forward to this new school year and getting to know you and your children.
Here are some bits of information to help you during the school year:
· Please arrive at 9:30 each morning so we can begin class on time. As well, class is finished at 11:30 we ask that you be on time.
· Outdoor clothing should be left on the coat hooks in the lobby. Due to fire regulations children are required to have shoes on at all times. You may leave a pair of indoor shoes in your child’s cubby if you wish.
· Please note that the preschool is a peanut/nut free zone.
· Please send your children in washable play clothes.
· Please leave a labelled bag of clothes for your child in case of an accident.
· Parent volunteers are welcome beginning October 2nd. We will post a calendar on the parent board outside of the classroom where you can sign-up.
· We will send out a class list in October including your name, phone number and email. If you do not wish to have this information published please let me know.
· We will add phone number and email info for our teachers as well as the church phone number to the list. Please do not hesitate to call if you have any questions or concerns.
· Feel free to stay in the classroom for the first few weeks if your child is experiencing separation anxiety. We want this to be a positive beginning to their school experience.
· Children who are displaying any symptoms of fever, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, bad cough or running nose are considered to be contagious and should be kept at home. If a child begins to display any of the above symptoms during class time, parents or emergency contacts will be contacted to pick the child up from preschool.
· On occasion (weather permitting), we may be taking the children to the field next to the church building for some outdoor fun. Please dress your child accordingly.
Partnering with “I’m for Kids Team”
South Calgary Community Preschool is pleased to announce that this year we will be partnering with an organization called “I’m for Kids Team” to provide speech, fine motor skills and ESL assistance.
You will have heard information about I’m for Kids Team on Orientation Day. I’m for Kids Team will be holding a screening day for the children at our Preschool on Monday, September 11th.
Spaces Still Available
We still have spaces available for this school year. We would appreciate you sharing this information with your friends, neighbours and family to spread the word about our preschool. (Remember, we have a “referral incentive program”!) Yearly surveys we conduct indicate you are our most effective form of advertising. Thank you.
For withdrawal from the preschool, we require written notice by the 1st of the month prior to the month you are leaving. For example, if you are withdrawing your child on December 15th, notice must be given on or before November 1st. Alternatively, one month’s fee is required to be paid in lieu of such notice. This policy will be strictly enforced.